Sunday, November 2

Seaming party at my house!

I wish I was excited to seam this sweater. Not that seaming is so bad--in fact, I think I dislike it considerably less than most other knitters. No, it's not the act of seaming that's got me down, it's the sweater itself.

The thing is, this sweater isn't bad. It does fit a little more snugly than I had intended, but it's not so tight that it's unattractive. It's a little shorter than I had intended, but again... not too bad there either. The thing is this sweater is just missing something. Pizazz, maybe, because boy oh boy is this sweater boring looking (and boring to knit, to boot).

On the upside, it feels like clouds. My roommate stood there hugging me, repeating, "You feel like snow" (whatever that means). I did love the way it felt while I was wearing it, and perhaps once it gets some sleeves I'll like it better. I still don't

know what kind of sleeves it needs. Short? 3/4? Long? Belle? Fitted? I'd be happy to have some suggestions.

So even though I want to work on any number of other projects, I'm going to TRY to force myself to seam this baby up tonight. That way I can start on the sleeves and just be DONE WITH IT.

3 comments:

Brena said...

It looks wonderful! What yarn are you using? I'm a big fan of bell sleeves myself... :)

Team Knit said...

Sometimes it's the 'boring' sweaters that become the wardrobe staples! For sleeves, I think it would look awesome with three quarter length sleeves that are stockinette until the last 2 or 3 inches, and then have the 'cuff' be the stitch pattern you are using for the lower half of the body of the sweater. Just a thought!

- Julie

Jeanette said...

Brena- I'm using GGH Tara. It's a weird sub for the original yarn in the pattern, which was mohair (and not nearly as thick as GGH). But for what it's worth, I really like the way the yarn feels and the stitch definition is pretty good.

Julie- you read my mind! I was thinking of doing that and making the grecian stitch portion of the sleeves a little bellish. Now to figure out how to increase in this stitch pattern!