Monday, February 4

Finished Knits 2007

Loopy Velez Cowl - Stitch 'n' Bitch
This is a simple but necessary and handy piece of knitwear. The loops are kind of tedious, but the finished object came out adorable. And from the photos above you can tell that this cowl has come in handy for many uses. It was a convenient way for me to humiliate my brother-in-law (bottom photo) and came in handy as a hat for Sam (middle photo). Disregard the bowtie Sam is sporting--we were at a reggae festival in San Francisco and the bowtie and improv cowl-hat were by far the most normal apparel anyone was wearing.

Single Cable Slouchy Beret - my own design
This beret was inspired by the Blueberry Beret I made my mom for Christmas '06. This color is one that continues to grab me-- I wish I could knit everything in this deep sea aqua color. I don't remember which yarn I used for this, but I know it was an alpaca/cashmere blend. I decided to make my version of this slouchy beret with a cable; this was the first cable I ever knit. This hat is one of my favorites but falls off my head a bit. I've been meaning to sew in some elastic around the brim for about six months now. . .

2 comments:

Margie Mirken said...

My mother always called this color "teal". There is a duck called a teal which has flight feathers of this very color. So I call it teal.
Mom

Sally Teeple said...

I love the pictures of Sam and Dave wearing your cowl!