Thursday, February 7

a very minty cuddly blankie

Encore! (yok yok yok) The Encore "8-Hr" baby blanket is finally done. In truth the blanket probably took me close to the promised 8 hours, but I somehow managed to drag the project out to nearly a month. The no-brainer construction of the blanket that allowed me to complete the first half of the blanket in just hours was also the reason the second half of the blanket took me five weeks. After a while it seemed like the blanket would never end; it was hard to make myself sit down and knit something so painfully brainless. Never thought I'd say it, but gimme some complicated lace patterns or involved shaping work!

Mind-numbing repetition aside, the final product is a beautiful, squishy, minty, almost-error free baby blanket! And with a wash and dry it got amazingly soft; it felt more like cotton than acrylic.
I think I was a little too proud of myself for getting most of the way through it with no errors. . . so karma leveled my ego by making me (it's easier if I blame karma) knit the last 6 or so rows opposite of what they should be. Blake's a baby though, he won't notice. Hopefully I'll have photos of the painfully adorable recipient modeling his hat and blankie to show you all soon!

3 comments:

Sally Teeple said...

Minty! Pretty!

greg mirken said...

Hey, Jeanette, it's minty and buoyant!

Sally Teeple said...

Did you notice the sweet links I have on my blog to yours and Mom's?