Sunday, August 3

A vacation, and I didn't even have to leave home.

Even though it's sad to pack up your suitcase and leave some fabulous vacation destination behind, getting back home from a vacation is always pleasant. Lovely even. There's something comforting about the smell of your own home, the feel of your bed and sheets, and the familiarity of your little nook in the world.
I had the pleasure of having one of my good friends and her boyfriend up to Berkeley this weekend. They came up to celebrate my 21st birthday, and let me tell you-- I could not have asked for a better gift. We had a fabulous weekend, and because they were on vacation it seemed like I was, too. I went to my first bars in San Francisco, went sake tasting (!), and got to take my friends to all my favorite local haunts. Boy is Berkeley nice when you're on vacation.

Today was an awful jolt back to reality. My friends headed off to drive back down the coast and I was left without any of the good parts of ending a vacation. Snapping out of vacation mode means I have to clean up all the messes we made while on "vacation" and do all the work I was ignoring. Oh, and return phone calls, too.

And most importantly, I want to catch up on knitting! I finally got this vintage yarn in the mail a few days ago. It's all vintage sport weight wool, and I found it at a thrift shop in Southern California on my last trip home. The whole lot was like four bucks! I seem to have decent yardage of some, so I'm thinking about designing a little cropped short sleeve sweater using my new Barbara Walker Treasury of Knitting Patterns. Got the book at Imagiknit along with the Terra Pattern and the Koigu. Speaking of the Koigu, I need to go get the right size needles so I can start that beret!

The garter vest is coming along well, I'm about 50%done. Oh, and my wrist is giving me problems again. :(

No comments: