Monday, February 2

Is wine good for migraines?


No, wine is not good for headaches. But that doesn't mean I'll deny myself a glass of red-- this is day 6 of migraine hell and I'm so pumped full of ibuprofen and tylenol that I figure a glass of wine can't hurt.

Don't feel too sorry for me, though. I've been a migraineur for most of my life, though I didn't admit they were migraines until I was about seventeen or eighteen. Either way, I've had years of tuning out the pain. So even though I took all my druuuuuugs and a long, hot shower, I'm still being productive. Or productiveish.

I started the Karate Sweater a month or so ago, and the body knitted up so quickly. I've been putting off finishing it--just the sleeves and collar are left-- because the giant needles are so unpleasant to knit with. 70% of the time I spend on each row is wasted trying to shove my stitches back onto the large needles from the small cable connecting them.

Other than making my arm (soon to be armSSSSS) look kind of hulk-like, I like it. It'll be long, oversized, and bizarre. If I can just keep with these needles I'll have it done in a day or two.

5 comments:

Brena said...

Cute sweater! It looks darling on you. Are you going to make the belt?

MMOGUU said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeanette said...

Haven't decided about the belt yet, but I did pick out a big, beautiful abalone button (picks up just enough of the brown while still being glimmery) to keep it closed while I decide.

Nitrile Exam Gloves said...

I can understand your predicament. Migraines are really painful. This is quite an interesting posting. :)

kathy b said...

I think the sweater is great!!! Beautiful> sorry about the migraines…yuck