Tuesday, November 11

Knitting helps.

Yesterday as I walked back to the BART from yet another failed job interview, fighting back a lump in my throat, I thought to myself, "I wish there was a damn yarn shop around here to distract me from myself." But of course there aren't any yarn shops to stumble upon in the financial district of San Francisco, so I settled for french fries instead.
Thank god I uploaded a new David Sedaris audiobook onto my iPod. I zoned out to his lispy, girlish voice and by the time I got home had almost completely rid myself of the sinking feeling in my stomach. Any bad feelings totally vanished when I found this fantastic package from my Mom and Dad, complete with Spam Museum trink and some cotton on the hoof, waiting for me on my doorstep.

It seems that the only relief I get from the feelings of uncertainty and failure that job searching brings about comes in the form of knitting. Knitting has always had a calming, regulating effect on me--something I seem to need now more than ever. So in the spirit of burying my feelings of rejection and disappointment, I'm off to finish a cowl design I've been knitting up. Who knows, I may even conquer my sewing machine today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously the sapm museaum souvenirs are flipping sweet.