Monday, February 18

possible candidate for printed silk cardigan...

Elann.com peruvian baby silk... would be a little over $40 bucks for the whole project. The only thing I'm worried about is the gauge, but I think I could make it work with the right needles. Let's see what the pattern author says about the idea... and maybe I'll ask the LYS what they think, too.

I also love the organic cotton they have on elann.com. I want some to make a little shrug thing out of neutral-colored organic cotton. The idea for the shrug comes from something I saw and wanted; A three-quater sleeve, shrug cropped-bodice, hooded little toss on sweater thingie. One button at the front, or maybe a frog.

Just ideas. More actual posting later.

2 comments:

BerkeleyBecca said...

Hi Jeannette, I've got a stash of Peruvian Baby Silk, and I'd be happy to give you a skein to try. Silk and alpaca aren't very resilient--so you might end up with a sweater that stretches out and doesn't snap back.

Jeanette said...

That's very nice of you, but I ended up ordering some Knitpicks Shine to use for the Printed Cardigan. It's cotton blended with modal-- a fiber I know almost nothing about. But I've been reading all sorts of great reviews of the yarn; people say that the yarn seems to hold shape well and wears well.

Plus, it was dirt cheap ($35 for the cardigan that IK suggested yarn that would cost about $175)...so if it stretches horribly or looks awful at least I'm only out a couple of lunches out (and endless hours of knitting.. but who's counting)!

thanks for reading my blog! thanks even more for commenting :)