Tuesday, December 25

Christmas is Good.

Lots of great presents. Lots of great food. And nothing makes Christmas better than seeing an (almost) finished garment on the intended recipient.

Both front and back lace portions of Sally's Orangina are finished and blocked. I pinned them together to simulate seaming. She tried it on this morning and it looked so cute! I'm now working on the bottom ribbing portion, which I think will go quickly.

When I'm done with the Orangina I'll start on some fingerless gloves for myself with some gorgeous fingering weight Rowan felted tweed I got at a LYS in Laguna. The swatch I did was adorable... size 4 needles make such cute tiny stockinette stitches! Gotta decide if I'll do it with simple ribbing and stockinette or if I'll do a cuter stitch pattern for the body of the gloves.

And! Got a skein of some pretty lumpy purple yarn (acrylic, but I don't mind) from my aunt. Stuffed in each end were $20 dollar bills! My mom said the money's for yarn I actually want. Gotta think of something to knit with the purple acrylic; I don't wanna just waste it, it's actually very pretty and soft. I think the $60 I found in the skein will go toward yarn for Camellia.

I love Christmas!

No comments: